Aim. Тo study the effectiveness of natural peptide сomplex Arecur® in patients with vascular disorders: chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) of the lower extremities. Materials and methods. А simple comparative study of the effectiveness of the complex of exogenous peptides in combination with arginine was conducted in 60 patients with vascular pathology in comparison with the control group. Results of observation indicate that after treating patients with CVI with the natural peptide complex Arecur®, an increase in the microcirculation index was observed. It was possible to achieve complete healing of ulcers in 9 (56.3%) patients out of 16, in the сontrol A2 group — in 5 (35.7%) patients out of 14 (p=0.261). In the group of patients who took a complex of peptides, an increase in the level of VEGF-A in the blood plasma was recorded, which may indicate the effect of peptide therapy on the expression of this regulatory factor. Increased expression of VEGF-A leads to neovascularization of the ischemic limb tissues at the micro level, strengthens the endothelium and reduces hypoxia, which leads to the best results of CVI treatment. Conclusions. The use of the peptide complex improves the clinical results of the treatment of CVI due to the increased activity of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF-A), which has proven angioprotective properties.
нетическое значение // Укр. кардіол. журн. — 2011. — № 4. — С. 87-95.
2. Alhusban A., Alkhazaleh E., El-Elimat T. Silymarin Ameliorates Diabetes-Induced Proangiogenic Response in Brain Endothelial Cells through a GSK‑3β Inhibition-
Induced Reduction of VEGF Release // J. Diabetes Res. — 2017. — Vol. 253. — Р. 7216.
3. Bakhashab S., Ahmed F., Schulten H.J., Ahmed F.W., Glanville M., Al-Qahtani M.H., Weaver J.U. Proangiogenic Effect of Metformin in Endothelial Cells Is via
Upregulation of VEGFR1/2 and Their Signaling under Hyperglycemia-Hypoxia // Int. J. Mol. Sci. — 2018, Jan. — Vol. 19 (1). — Р. 293.
4. Birk D.M., Barbato J., Mureebe L., Chaer R.A. Current insights on the biology and clinical aspects of VEGF regulation // Vasc. Endovascular. Surg. — 2008, Dec.;
2009, Jan. — Vol. 42 (6). — Р. 517-30.
5. Cai H.Y. et al. Cardiac shockwave therapy improves myocardial function in patients with refractory coronary artery disease by promoting VEGF and IL‑8
secretion to mediate the proliferation of endothelial progenitor cells // Exp. Ther. Med. — 2015, Dec. — Vol. 10 (6). — Р. 2410-2416.
6. Camaré С., Pucelle M., Nègre-Salvayre A., Salvayrea R. Angiogenesis in the atherosclerotic plaque // Redox. Biol. — 2017, Aug. — Vol. 12. — Р. 18-34.
7. Chakrabarti S., Wu J. Bioactive peptides on endothelial function // Food Science and Human Wellness. — 2016. — Vol. 5. — Р. 1-7.
8. Chen B., He T., Xing Y., Cao T. Effects of quercetin on the expression of MCP‑1, MMP‑9 and VEGF in rats with diabetic retinopathy // Exp. Ther. Med. — 2017,
Dec. — Vol. 14 (6). — Р. 6022-6026.
9. Endothelial function and atherosclerosis: circulatory markers with clinical usefulness / F. Ribeiro et al. // Rev. Port. Cardiol. — 2009. — Vol. 28 (10). —
10. Fosgerau K., Hoffmann T. Peptide therapeutics: current status and future directions // Drug Discov. Today. — 2015, Jan. — Vol. 20 (1). — P. 122-8.
11. Gomes A., Teixeira C., Ferraz R., Prudêncio C., Gomes P. Wound-Healing Peptides for Treatment of Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcers and Other Infected Skin
Injuries // Molecules. — 2017. — Vol. 22. — Р. 1743.
12. Han X., Liu L., Niu J., Yang J., Zhang Z., Zhang Z. Serum VEGF Predicts Worse Clinical Outcome of Patients with Coronary Heart Disease After Percutaneous
Coronary Intervention Therapy // Med. Sci. Monit. — 2015, Oct. 26. — Vol. 21. — Р. 3247-51.
13. Hatakeyama M., Imaizumi T., Sakaki H. et al. Interleukin1 induces the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in human pericardial mesothelial cells //
Heart vessels. — 2007. — Vol. 22. — P. 123-127.
14. He S., Zhao T., Guo H., Meng Y., Qin G., Goukassian D.A., Han J., Gao X., Zhu Y. Coordinated Activation of VEGF/VEGFR‑2 and PPARδ Pathways by a Multi-
Component Chinese Medicine DHI Accelerated Recovery from Peripheral Arterial Disease in Type 2 Diabetic Mice // PLoS One. — 2016, Dec. 8. — Vol. 11
(12). — Р. e0167305.
15. Hwang H. Liposomal angiogenic peptides for ischemic limb perfusion: comparative study between different administration methods // Drug Deliv. — 2016. —
Vol. 23 (9). — P. 3619-3628.