Article Submission for Consideration on Publication
Publications can be presented in form of original research of practical or fundamental line, modern literature review, lecture, clinical observation, discussion, medical information digest in certain area, and information on health forums and other relevant information.
Materials are published in Ukrainian, Russian or English.
In addition to the text, the authors provide:
- illustrations (maximum 8 figures and tables);
- list of cited literature; limitation of at least 50% references should not exceed 10 years;
- three structured summaries (in Ukrainian, Russian, and English) with the full article title, initials and surnames of authors, keywords (3-7 keywords or phrases);
- information about the authors: postal and e-mail address, telephone number (optional) of responsible for the correspondence author for publication in the journal, and additional phone numbers to provide operable linkage of the editorial staff with authors; the title of the institution where the authors work, city; when several authors and they work in different institutions tags *, ** are used to personalize them.
Be sure to indicate the presence or absence of any form of authors' financial interest, conflict of interests, grants, etc.
Plagiarism, falsifying, duplicate of already published materials are strictly forbidden.
Materials with the maximum evidence degree of scientific and medical results are preferred.
The article is sent to the editorial in a form of official paper from the institution at which the work was performed.
Author's final manuscript is provided in two forms - printed on paper and via email.
Electronic and printed versions should be similar.
- Text is typed in Microsoft Word (any version), Times New Roman, 14 points, no tabs, and no hyphenation of words.
- All special symbols are typed using insert/ symbol.
- Sheet size of 210×297 mm (A4), portrait orientation.
- One and a half line pitch, left-aligned, 20 mm margins on all sides.
- Titles of the article and the chapters are typed in capital letters, summaries – in small letters.
- Figures, tables, diagrams, and formulasshould be included in the text and, preferably, be in the same file, and drawings and photographs are additionally duplicated in original files with corresponding numbering.
- Tablesare made in Microsoft Word. Each table should have a title and a counting number.
- Other illustrative materials(photographs, figures, drawings, diagrams, graphs, etc.) are marked as Fig. and numbered in order of their mention in the article.
- Diagrams and graphsare made in MS Excel or MS Graph and printed on a laser printer. For easy makeup, they are provided with basic built data and electronic versions. Black and white drawings made professionally by hand may be used as illustrations; they should be scanned and provided in EPS format.
- Tags and symbolsshould be clear and well-read in case of an image being reduced to the size of a journal column.
- Photographs and echogramsare provided electronically; the scans should have at least 300 dpi and be in TIFF or JPEG format. Photographs of patients should be provided with their written allowance or in such a way that the patient's identity cannot be found.
If figure or table for some reason (large size, Word incompatibility) cannot be inserted into the text, there should be an icon on the margin opposite the place of its desired location in the text, for example: Tab.1, Fig.2.
The structure of the main text has to match the conventional structure for scientific articles.
Articles containing the results of experimental studies, in particular thesis works, and planned under the heading Original Research, should be composed of the following chapters:
- Introduction (with the obligatory indication of research objective);
- Materials and Methods;
- Results and Discussion;
These articles should include the following elements:
- problem definition and its relation to important scientific or practical tasks;
- analysis of recent researches and publications that cover the solution of the issued problem and on which the author refers;
- allocation of previously unsolved aspects of the problem to which the article is dedicated;
- formulation of objectives;
- presentation of the main material of the research with full substantiation of the scientific results;
- conclusions and recommendations for further researches in this line.
- Original research 5-10 pages (2-3 thousand words).
- Review 5-10 pages (max. 75 references).
- Lecture 6-10 pages.
- Medical case 2-4 pages (500-1000 words, summary 100 words).
The summary of the article should contain headings:
- Research objective
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Discussion
The summary size is one printed page (no more than 300 words).
Other publications (clinical observations, lectures, reviews, articles on history of medicine, etc.) can be completed differently.
If the article describes experimental studies, it should be indicated if their methods correspond to The Declaration of Helsinki in 1975 and its revision in 1983.
Please report if anesthesia methods and methods of deprivation of animals’ life, if surveyed, correspond to the Rules of Work With the Use of Experimental Animals approved by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
References should be attached in such a form:
Surnames and initials of the authors (all of them). Title of the material // Title of the publication. – Year. – V., №. – P. (to refer to non-recurrent publications it is necessary to indicate the publisher's imprint after the publication’s title). References in Ukrainian or Russian should be provided with Latin transliteration in brackets.
Articles provided not in accordance with the instructions will be rejected.
All materials submitted to the editorial are the subject to review and editing under the terms of publication in the journal. The editorial stuff reserves the right to change the copy style of the article. If necessary, the article can be returned to the authors for revision.
Proofreading is not sent to the authors, all prepress is conducted by the editorial on author's final manuscript. Rejected manuscripts are not returned.
Reproduction of articles is possible only with the editorial written consent and referring to the publication.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.